Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tuesday, May 17

May 10th was my first appointment at the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer .  My parents went with me. (Thank you God for making them mine!) Everyone there is super nice. It's quite a beautiful facility.  I went in and they took my vitals. We then met with the nurse and went over my paper work.  We then met with Dr "Mo." He went over with us what the doctors for TN had sent via fax and what we had brought with us.

This is where it got scary. Dr "Mo" saw things on the reports that the doctors in the south had never discussed with us. That was very disturbing. He wants to find out definite answers and wasn't positive through what tests, scans and all that had already been done had that answer.  So, he ordered a bunch more tests and said we should know a lot more in about 10 day. (Ten more days?? say what??)

So, in the next ten days I have mammagram, CT, bone scan, colonoscopy (i know you are jealous of that one), and get my port installed. Port, you ask? This is so they won't have to poke me so much.  The one I'm hoping to get is a "Power Port" which allows you to get your treatment but also used for contrast for scans.   Ok, and most of the appeal lies in the word "Power."  After all I'm a Cancer Super Hero, YO!  Super K-Star all the way!

Despite all this scariness, I am in Jesus' hands. I know He will heal me with one of his miracle or guide the doctors mind and hands to do so.  Jesus is my Peace and Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment