Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Journey to WV!



So, I was finally released from hospital on May 12 around noon. My parents had already dropped Ava and Misha at Misha's "Fairy God Mother." (She is Misha's foster mom who took care of her after she was rescued from a puppy mill.)   What can I say? I am more than blessed in the parent department 
(and most definitely in the friend department too!) 

After getting me settled into the Expedition, we went to pick up my oldest dog, Ivory.  I knew I couldn't be dealing with all this and be without one of my lovelies.  She is the most well behaved and trained of the trio.  She has also flown and done well. All loaded up, we were ready to head off to the mountains where the rhododendrons grow.

I slept most of the way. Ivory spent A LOT of time on my Mum's lap up front.  Ives is a very inquisitive Beagle/Chihuhua mix.  She likes to stay in the know.  Ivory did have some cuddle sessions with me too, though. After all she is the one who convinced to to take her home on December 10,  2005 in the first place.

We wound up stopping in Huntington, WV for the night.  This was awesome!  Huntington is where my Bestie, Jennifer lives!  So, we got to visit while my parents went to dinner. (They brought me back some white cheddar mashed potatoes.)   It was so awesome to see her face.  She had brought me some awesome loot from her family's recent trip to Disney World.  I'm so blessed to have her in my life!  So, I'm going to take this moment to pimp her blog: Whiskerbeans Blog  She should have a shop up on Etsy soon, too. Right, Nifer? 

The next day we headed for the last portion of our journey to Morgantown, WV! Easy-peezy, lemon squeezee! DONE!

Since then I have been spending ALOT of time with my family. Which has been awesome! Gotten out a tiny lil bit.   

Overall, the trip went super smoothly. Didn't overdo it. Slept ALOT. 

1 comment:

  1. take care K*, I know you're family will help heal you. Thank you so much for this blog. God bless and you are in my prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete