Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post Surgery blog- My life is so strange

In case you didn't hear, I still have my baby room. A.k.a. oven, womb, or uterus.
I contacted my doctors office Monday to see if I could just get it out. Due to insurance issues, we had to keep the surgery with a hysterectomy as needed.  My doctor got in there, did washes of my uterus and looked around via laproscope.  There wasn't anything to biopsy. He said everything looked fine including the organs around. I know he was initially concerned with my being in my child bearing years when discussing a hysterectomy. Of course my outlook was "one less organ to worry about with cancer."  The results from the tests they did should be back in 3-7 days.  So, maybe the anomaly of it all is I just have a happy, shiny uterus.  I may never know.  As long as it is NOT cancer, I am content. Also that I won't have to do a colonoscopy prep again anytime in the near future. Yeah, they made me do that to prep for this surgery. In case you have never had this cleansing experience, the preparation is the worst. You have been warned. 
So, without further ado, I give my favorite version of "Happy Shiny People" by REM. 



May the Lord Bless you and keep you!
Next procedure, Bronchoscopy on March 9.
Hope to see you soon!
Love
K*

1 comment:

  1. Going to see R.E.M. with you was so awesome! Even though we got drenched and I didn't think we would ever be warm (or dry!) it was still one of those moments in my life that I will never forget!

    ReplyDelete