Friday, September 21, 2012

it's not easy being an anomaly.....

Well, first of all I would like to take a moment to remember the Great Muppeteer that passed of emphysema on August 23, 2012. You may remember him best as Count von Count on Sesame Street. He was also Gobo Fraggle, Amazing Mumford, and many more! Thank you Jerry Nelson, for teaching us all how to Count...ah ah ah!  Another soul taken by a horrible lung disease...BOO HISS!

Anyhow, in Kristi Badger news...well it's not the greatest. On the good side, my right lung and brain tumor are dormant. As of September 13, I have moved into maintenance Chemo for my lung issues. The tumor on my pituitary gland was taken care of with the gamma knife they did back in May...yea.

NASHVILLE FRIENDS:

Lungevity is having another walk this year on November 17. If you are interested in walking, go to this link Lungevity
It's 2 days AFTER my birthday day this year. Also it's during Lung Cancer awareness month.

 However, along the way I have developed a tumor in my lower back. It was found in my last PET scan. Then last week I had an MRI done. The tumor board is still trying to decide what kind of lesion it is. I almost started radiation this week when they called and cancelled. The board is trying to decide whether it's removable or whether it just needs radiation. Regardless of it all... very scary and frustrating. I'm trying not to think about and do all I can to rest in him...it's all I know how to do at this point.

I was hoping to take a vacation from cancer next month...and if those Ellen tickets pull through I WILL find a way. I WILL!!

Peace to you my Lovelies who keep me up in Prayer and Love!

K*



8 comments:

  1. Loving you and praying for you each step of the way my dear friend. I love you Woobie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KRISTI. I know I dont write you often, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so so sorry that you are going through all of this!

    /Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love and prayers as always! Rainbow love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a break. Sending love and peace and of course prayers!!!!! Keep singing out loud beautiful! Love, Stef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you K*... you are an inspiration and the strongest person I know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish there was a walk locally. Maybe that could be a new year project! Give Abe/Gabe a squeeze. He gives good hugs, I have heard. Love ewe tons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi <3 praying for you.

    ReplyDelete