Saturday, October 22, 2011

Amazing!

I went to see my surgeons after getting another PET/CT scan on Thursday.  Well, everyone I received incredibly awesome and shocking news! The Senior Surgeon told me that removing part or all of my lung would be incredibly risky at this point.   That at this point the lung doesn't look like active disease. So, the major surgery is now been cancelled!  Instead, they are going to do a bronchoscopy and Bronchoalveolar lavage on November 1.  So,with that they will do some more biopsies and all.  This is an OUTPATIENT procedure and I should not have to worry about recovering afterward.  YAY! God is good. (All the time!) 
My parents and I sat there in shock as we were told this news. You have no idea how happy I am to not have to deal with all the chest tubes and tape again! Also my parents will not have to watch me suffer and my dad will not have to commute back and forth. SO Thankful!
The surgeons plan for me to have regularly scheduled bronchoscopies. I will be seeing my magnificent oncologist Dr M soon.  I believe, he plans for me to finish my cycle of chemo and possibly start my maintenance plan. 
Despite that, I still have some pain and am on oxygen all the time. My right lung will probably never be normal or function normally.


 I can't fathom the awesome power of God.  It blows my mind. I know that between the awesome power of God's healing and the prayers to him from everyone all over the world on my behalf has made has made all the difference.  Resting on sweet Jesus has made all the difference! I AM loved!





And whether you like it or not he loves you too! 


Love,
K*
P.S. I designed this and my friend Jennifer made it pretty! November is Lung Cancer awareness month! Wear a white ribbon or pearls to show support.

2 comments:

  1. Kristi, I am so glad you are feeling encouraged! I am also so glad you feel the love and support of people far and wide. You are a dear, sweet person. We're all rootin' for you.

    ReplyDelete