Friday, June 24, 2011

WHOA! how time flies!

Well, quite a bit has happened still I last wrote.  I've really barely been online. Been really tired, sore, coughing and not hungry. I have been doing my best to eat though. I would say so even more recently. I also am still on oxygen. I have been since I left Nashy.   (Which in case you are are wondering, I'm currently in Morgantown, WV under the care of my parents and family)

So, here is what has occurred since I last wrote.

I had my " Power Port" in stalled surgically. It's a pretty awesome medical invention. With the help of a numbing cream I don't feel a pinch or a prick. They can use this this for drawing blood, giving meds or contrast for tests. No more ouchie!!

Then I had to immediately had to prep for a colonoscopy. Hmm, I've had one before. This one was the worst. enough said.

I have also had a bone scan and another CT scan. This is when they discovered my right lung has indeed collapsed! it has gotten harder to talk for long periods of time.

Then we thought we got some great news. My Dr thought we should try the drug (pill) Traciva. I took that for a week since was an indicator though some test results.  This past Tuesday, the doctor's office calls and stated that he received more test results stating that the mutant gene wasn't present that responds to that drug. *sigh* My medical anomaly status continues....

My Dr (who I truly believes has my best interest in mind) thinks that while I start chemo I should seek out another opinion for the clinical trial for ALK-1. Of course, this one I didn't show an indicator for....(*coughIamamutant*)

I believe that the closest hospital that offers this trial is University of Pittsburgh. I guess, I can put my school rival aside for my health...I guess.

Anyhow, in case you are wondering, I started chemo today.  I was apprehensive. I all went fine though.

"Father, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Jesus, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Spirit, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You"

 Thank you so much for your love, prayers and cards!!!


Much Love!
K*




 

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best, Kristi. Miss seeing your face around the office. The place is just not the same without you.

    -William

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, thanks for keeping us in the loop. I would say your wilderness journey is a better candidate for "Best Jaw-dropping Moment" than the MTV awards were. It'd be more accurate to say what you're going through is Worst Jaw-dropping Moment... and your attitude through the whole thing is the Best. Hugs, woman!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the update Kristi, and glad your first treatment went well. I had been wondering about you and how you were doing. Keep up your faith and your great spirit. You are in my prayers!

    Leslie L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to update the ol' blog... I sure love you and miss you. I'm prayin' for you tons! Now that you've started treatment we'll have to see how you're feeling so I can finally plan the trip out to see my Woobie!!! Tons of love and prayers coming your way from Cali on a constant basis. LOVES! XOxoXOXOxoOXOXOxoXOXO (the little ones are from Noey) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update K! I've been worring(sp) about you. YAY for the power port! Sorry to hear about the lung collapse. I'm glad they finally found that though. Hope you are feeling better now. I'm so glad that your first treatment went well. Hopefully they will all go as well and will kill every last evil cancer cell in your body. Stay positive my friend. We LOVE you and miss you! I need your addy BTW. :)

    ~Shell

    ReplyDelete